Having a water heater that is not working can be a major inconvenience. Whether you need to take cold showers or your dishes are not getting clean, it’s important to understand why this may be happening and what steps must be taken to fix the problem.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the common reasons why your water heater may not work correctly and how you can repair it yourself or with the help of a professional. Additionally, we’ll look at some of the benefits associated with hiring an experienced technician for more complicated repairs.
Reasons Why Your Water Heater May Not Be Working
Here are some of the most common reasons why your water heater may not be working properly:
1. Lack of power – Check that all necessary switches are turned on and that there isn’t a tripped circuit breaker in your main panel box.
2. Poor maintenance – Regular maintenance should include checking for rust buildup, corrosion, leaks, and other issues that could lead to problems down the road.
3. Clogged pipes – If sediment has built up inside the pipes leading from your tankless water heater, then they won’t function properly as intended due to blockages in their flow path, which causes pressure build-up and ultimately shuts them off completely until cleared out manually by a professional.
4. Thermostat issue – The thermostat regulates temperature levels within the tank so if it has become defective or is not set correctly, then this could be the source of your problems.
5. Broken heating element – The heating elements inside your tankless water heater can burn out over time, which would prevent it from producing enough water for your needs.
How to Fix A Water Heater
Once you have identified the cause of your water heater problem, there are several ways to fix it:
The first option is to attempt a do-it-yourself repair. This is only recommended for basic issues such as lack of power or clogged pipes and should never be attempted for more complicated problems such as a broken heating element.
Hiring a professional
For more complex repairs, it is strongly advised to hire a qualified technician who can accurately diagnose the issue and safely repair your water heater. With their experience and expertise, they will be able to save you time and money by effectively identifying the root of the problem and performing any required repairs efficiently and accurately.
Overall, having a water heater that is not working can be quite inconvenient and can take up a lot of your time trying to fix it yourself. We strongly advise hiring an experienced technician for any complex repair needs as they will be able to diagnose the issue quickly and provide quality workmanship that ensures your water heater is running properly in no time.
If you have any further questions about your water heater or would like to hire a professional for help, do not hesitate to contact Guardian Plumbers today!